UBP (Union Bancaire Privée) has acquired fund boutique Angel Japan Asset Management Limited as part of the private bank's strategic expansion into Asia-Pacific UBP acquires a 100% stake in the non-disclosed terms of the deal. Angel Japan AM was founded in 2001 and is led by Hirotaka Usami.UBP and Angel Japan AM have been in partnership since 2018, with the Japanese firm advising the bank on the Japanese small-cap equities strategy. The asset manager currently manages three strategies (IPO, New Growth and Steady Growth) with total assets under advisory of $1.2bn. Hirotaka Usami ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes