The UK's Financial Services Compensation Scheme is now open to claims against Abana Unipessoal Lda (Abana), a Portuguese firm that, prior to 31 December 2020, passported into the UK solely for insurance intermediation. FSCS said in a statement on 24 May that it had "determined that Abana undertook regulated activities for customers outside of Abana's insurance intermediation permissions in the UK". These regulated activities included arranging pension transfers, notably into the Avalon & Westerby SIPP, both UK-based SIPP providers, it said. FSCS further said protection may exist ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes