A man who ran a ponzi-style investment scam worth in excess of £70m in the City of London has been found guilty following a seven week-long trial, the City of London Police said in a statement on 22 May. Anthony Constantinou, 41, of no fixed address, ran Capital World Markets (CWM) which offered investors remarkable returns of 60 per cent per year on allegedly risk-free foreign exchange (FX) markets. Constantinou was found guilty of seven counts of fraud by false representation, fraudulent trading and money laundering at Southwark Crown Court on Monday 22nd May 2023. Detective Ins...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes