Sixteen people have been convicted following a major National Crime Agency investigation into a West London-based organised crime group involved in international money laundering and people smuggling. in a statement on 9 May, the NCA said members of the network smuggled in excess of £42m in cash out of the UK, making hundreds of trips to Dubai, UAE, between 2017 and 2019. NCA investigators said they believed the money was profit from the sale of class A drugs and organised immigration crime. Around £1.5m was seized from couriers leaving the UK but flight analysis, evidence from cas...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes