Craig Bellamy has warned footballers not to make the same mistake he did after being declared bankrupt last month, owing almost £1.4m in taxes to HMRC. The longstanding Wales international footballer has played for Liverpool, Norwich City, Newcastle United, Manchester City and Cardiff City during his career. Currently he is with Burnley as assistant manager. In an interview with the Daily Mail, he said: "I want this to be a warning to other players. Check everything, make sure the people advising you are regulated. If they are not regulated, it's the Wild West. Get your stuff audited ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes