The Bank of England has approved UBS Group's takeover of Credit Suisse in the UK, International Investment's sister brand Investment Week understands. Approval was issued less than three weeks after the deal was announced on 19 March. In total, UBS is required to obtain approval from 58 countries for the deal to be finalised. The UK is one of Credit Suisse's largest markets outside of Switzerland, with about £48bn in risk-weighted assets in the country, primarily in the firm's investment banking division. After a delayed annual report revealed "material weaknesses" for the bank and...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes