Malta Financial Services Authority has named Kenneth Farrugia as its new chief executive as it acknowledged the several changes in its leadership over recent years "were not beneficial for the Authority". Farrugia, who was previously director general at the island's Internal Audit and Investigations Department (IAID) and director of the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (FIAU), starts his new post on 12 April, 2023. In a statement on 4 April, the MFSA said: "In its deliberations the Board took note of the several changes in the leadership of the Authority that took place over the l...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes