The iShares ESG Aware MSCI USA ETF (ESGU) faced the sell-off on 20 March, in what Morningstar has described as an "eye-popping number", according to the FT. The iShares MSCI USA Quality Factor ETF (QUAL) had net inflows of $4.8bn on the same day, with analysts pointing to BlackRock potentially rebalancing its model portfolios. As scrutiny of ESG risk analysis increases in the US, there are thoughts as to whether the passives giant has rebalanced the portfolios to abate Republican criticism. A company spokesperson told the FT: "As we actively manage our models to capture opportunit...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes