Silicon Valley Bank, which collapsed earlier this month following a bank run, has been bought by fellow US regional bank First Citizens Bank. The North Caroline based bank purchased SVB today (27 March) and will obtain all 17 former branches of SVB, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation said in a statement last night. SVB, which was reformed into Silicon Valley Bridge Bank, National Association, by the FDIC following a collapse of the lender, will see all of its depositors automatically become depositors of First Citizens. The bank has about $167bn in total assets and $119bn of...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes