The US Securities and Exchange Commission has brought charges against three companies for their role in offering and selling unregistered cyrpto asset securities - Tronix (TRX) and BitTorrent (BTT) - at the same time charging some of the best known social media influencers for their role in promoting the crypto assets. According to the SEC statement, the US financial services regulator brought charges against Tron Foundation Limited, BitTorrent Foundation Ltd., and Rainberry Inc. (formerly BitTorrent), all owned by Justin Sun - described as an antrepreneur. Sun and his companies were ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes