Inheritance tax (IHT) receipts for April 2022 to February 2023 were £6.4bn, which is an increase of £0.9bn compared to the same period last year, latest government data showed. Statistics from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) revealed February 2023 receipts totalled £531m meaning the tax take for 2022/23 to date stands at £6.4bn. This figure already beats the £6.1bn received by the Treasury throughout the entire 2021/22 financial year by £353m, provider Just said. It comes after last week's revision by the Office for Budget Responsibility which projected future IHT with estimates that b...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes