For over a year, investors have waited for the zero-covid policy to end and have anticipated a great reopening boom in China. When President Xi finally reversed the policy at the end of last year, investors responded positively, and Chinese stocks surged. But now, as the rally winds down, investors are realising that not even China - which remains a positive story - is immune to a global recession, says Brian Coffey, portfolio manager, Nedgroup Investments Global Emerging Markets Fund. Policy hindered growth China's zero-covid policy - stringently enforced across cities and regions t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes