Scottish Mortgage's chair Fiona McBain is set to exit after 14 years amid a series of changes to the composition of the £13.1bn investment trust's board, including the official departure of rebel director Amar Bhidé. In a London Stock Exchange notice today (21 March), the trust said that Justin Dowley, a current senior independent director will succeed McBain as chair with effect from the 2023 AGM, subject to his re-election. Director Bhidé, who questioned McBain's independence and raised concerns over governance issues and the trust's capabilities to invest in unlisted companies du...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes