New York Community Bank has agreed to buy a significant share of the recently failed Signature Bank for $2.7bn. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp confirmed the news on Sunday (19 March), one week after it took control of Signature. In total, 40 branches of Signature Bank will become Flagstar Bank, starting Monday (20 March), a subsidiary of New York Community Bank. SVB's parent company files for 'reorganisation' bankruptcy The deal will include the purchase of $38.4bn in Signature Bank's assets, a little more than a third of Signature's total when the bank failed a week ago. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes