HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has published guidance following the Spring Budget on Wednesday - telling administrators they should continue to administer lifetime allowance (LTA) checks but confirming those with protections would now be able to accrue further benefits. In its pensions schemes newsletter number 148 for March 2023, published yesterday (16 March), HMRC confirmed the chancellor's Budget announcement that the lifetime allowance charge would be removed from 6 April 2023 and the LTA would be fully abolished from the 2024/25 tax year through a future Finance Bill. It reminded s...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes