A group of major US banks have collaborated to deposit $30bn into First Republic Bank, in an attempt to shore up its finances and stem the fallout amid the wider US regional banking turmoil. JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup and Wells Fargo will each deposit $5bn into First Republic; Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley will put in $2.5bn apiece while BNY Mellon, PNC Bank, State Street, Truist and US Bank are depositing $1bn each. In a combined statement, the banks said the actions "by the largest US banks reflects their confidence in the country's banking system and helps ensur...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes