Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has banned former Sydney-based financial adviser for changing the result of his financial adviser exam. In a statement on 15 March, ASIC said it had "permanently banned Todd Karamian, of Sydney, New South Wales, from providing financial services and carrying on a financial services business after he falsified his financial adviser exam result". ASIC found that in December 2021, Karamian altered his Financial Adviser Certificate from a fail result to a pass result and sent the altered certificate to his Licensee, Bluepoint Consul...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes