UK Chancellor of the Exchequer Jeremy Hunt is set to announce several reforms for pensions, childcare, energy, corporation tax and fuel duty in his Spring Budget later today (15 March). Hunt is expected to focus his budget on halving inflation - which remains at a 40-year high of 10.1% - and introduce reforms in an attempt to boost economic growth. He will announce tax breaks for businesses, who will be able to offset investments in the UK to reduce their corporation tax bill. Corporation tax, on the other hand, is set to rise from 19% to 25% in April 2023, although there has been ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes