Close Brothers Asset Management (CBAM) had a rocky end to 2022, with profits falling by nearly half due to a reduction in income. Statutory operating profit before tax in the six months to the end of January 2023 fell to £7.8m, down from £13.7m the same period a year ago, a drop of 43%. Adjusted operating profit in CBAM fell 41% to £8.6m, down from £14.5m in the first half of 2022 as stable costs were more than offset by the reduction in income. Total operating income declined by 7% to £71m, down from £76.9m, reflecting a lower average assets under management due to markets and ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes