Speculation is building to fever pitch that the UK's pension savings lifetime allowance is going to rise significantly, even to return to its previous height in 2010/11 of £1.8m, a near 70% jump from its current level £1,073,100. Elsewhere, there are claims that the annual allowance is going to grow from £40,000 to £60,000, which does not get anywhere near its highs of £255,000 in 2010/11. Among latest industry comments, Jon Greer, head of retirement policy at Quilter said: "In the 2021 Budget, the lifetime allowance was due to be frozen at its current level till April 2026. On the b...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes