Ogier's international British Virgin Islands law team has been appointed to represent the Bahamian joint provisional liquidators of the collapsed crypto exchange FTX Digital Markets, the largest crypto dispute to date. Ogier said BVI Courts had recently grappled with a number of novel issues concerning crypto-related frauds and the liquidations of insolvent companies owning crypto assets. This was the second major cryptocurrency dispute for Ogier's international BVI law team, which works seamlessly across the firm's Asian, Caribbean and European offices, with the team also representin...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes