It would be odd for there not to be rumours swirling around changes to pension taxation in the days leading up to a Budget, says Jon Greer, head of retirement policy at Quilter. According to a report in the Daily Mail on 10 March, UK Chancellor Jeremy Hunt will use the Budget next Wednesday to unveil significant increases in pension allowances as part of a move to encourage people to work longer. However, he commented that "if these moves are designed to get people to go back to work or continuing to work longer, they may have the opposite impact. In fact, it would arguably allow some...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes