Aviva has rolled out a £300m share buyback programme starting tomorrow (10 March), the firm revealed in its annual results. In the report, Aviva said that given its "strong capital position and prospects", it was able to initiate the scheme, adding it still preferred to "return surplus capital regularly and sustainably". A LSE notice showed the agreement is being brokered by Citigroup Global Markets Limited and is expected to be completed by 30 June. Other top line results for the firm were positive, as the group's CEO Amanda Blanc said it was making "excellent progress". The Bi...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes