MAPFRE has become the majority shareholder in the French boutique fund manager La Financière Responsable (LFR) with the purchase of another block of shares, bringing its holding to 51% of the capital. It has thus doubled down in the French mutual fund market and specifically with regard to its commitment to socially responsible investing. The insurance group had already acquired a 25% stake at the end of 2017, in what was the first transaction by a Spanish management company with a foreign firm in the industry. Given the positive progress made since the agreement and the excellent un...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes