International multi-family office Stonehage Fleming today (3 March) completed its acquisition of the business and assets of Rootstock Investment Management, an investment firm based in Stellenbosch, South Africa. The transaction was previously announced on 21 October 2022. Effective 1 March 2023, Rootstock's Worldwide Flexible Fund has been rebranded as the Stonehage Fleming Worldwide Flexible Fund. Rootstock's Global Equity Fund has been amalgamated into Stonehage Fleming's Global Best Ideas Equity Fund, which is managed in London by industry leader Gerrit Smit. Chris Merry...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes