Geoff Cook, chair of Mourant Consulting, takes a closer look at sticky inflation - a trend that will not just affect IFCs, but all economies across the world and most notably the United States and in Europe, as central banks wrestle with inflation levels that have produced the worst cost of living crisis for decades. In 2022 we identified that a combination of loose monetary policy, supply chain regionalisation, rising post-pandemic demand, and the level of unspent savings accumulated in lockdowns would boost inflation everywhere, especially in the US. The structural reversal of disinfl...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes