Hong Kong's Financial Secretary Paul Chan announced on 22 February the Hong Kong 2023-24 Budget that revealed its plan to implement the Pillar Two Global Minimum Tax from 2025 and the overarching blueprint to boost the city's recovery momentum in the post-COVID era. This came as the FT reported today (23 February) that Hong Kong will host an invitation only meeting for some of the world's richest family offices next month, as the city competes with Singapore to attract business. The Wealth for Good in Hong Kong event in late March will target representatives of some of the world's ric...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes