David Lesperance, founder and principal of international tax and immigration adviser Lesperance Associates said in a LinkedIn comment today (21 February) that "as confirmed by various Portuguese legal advisors, under Portuguese law all that has occurred is that the government has signalled that they would like to close the residential real estate path to Portuguese residence". He said: "The residential Golden Visa program is not closed but MIGHT close after proposed legislation is put forth; public and parliamentary debate on those proposals; such proposals pass parliament and are signe...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes