Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), saw a record 20% rise the number of active registered companies, from 3,644 in 2021 to 4,377 in 2022. In a statement on 20 February, the DIFC said new companies registered in 2022 surpassed the annual milestone of 1,000 for the first time in its history with a total of 1,084 new firms. In 2022, DIFC's combined revenue exceeded AED1bn for the first time. The Centre recorded a revenue increase of 18% year on year to reach AED1.06bn from AED 897m in 2021. Operating profit for 2022 increased 19% to AED679m from AED573m in 2021. Total asset...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes