France's financial regulator has mandated fossil fuels must be excluded from Article 9, the first national watchdog to take the step. The French Financial Market Authority (Autorité des marchés financiers, AMF) has published a proposal for minimum environmental criteria for financial products in the highest Article 9 and Article 8 categories of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR). In the criteria, the AMF calls for fossil fuels to be banned from Article 9 funds, and severely restricted in Article 8 funds. For Article 9 funds, which have a sustainable investment obj...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes