Dubai's Financial Markets Tribunal (FMT) has "largely upheld" enforcement action taken by the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) against an Dalma Capital Management and its senior executive officer (SEO) Zachary Cefaratti for misleading the DFSA and failing to conduct Dalma's business activities with due skill, care and diligence. In a majority decision, the DFSA said on 7 February that each was fined $162,500, an amount reduced from the fines proposed by the DFSA of $170,000 for Dalma and $300,000 for Cefaratti. Cefaratti will also be restricted from acting as SEO of Dalma fo...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes