Lombard Odier Investment Management has reclassified nine Article 9 funds to Article 8, continuing a trend of asset managers downgrading their sustainable funds. A spokesperson said that the firm has adopted "a conservative approach" to the interpretation of sustainable investment under SFDR, after the regulator "made it clear" that Article 9 funds to be fully composed of sustainable investments. This approach "may prevent the inclusion of more neutrally-positioned investments essential for diversification, or some investments that may make a positive contribution but that may still b...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes