Outflows from equity funds reached £6.3bn in 2022, the lowest figure since 2014, with three quarters of the total coming during Q3 2022. UK-focused funds were hit the hardest of any sector, seeing record outflows of £8.5bn and outflows during every month of the year, data from Calastone revealed. Europe-focused funds recorded a fourth consecutive year of net selling, with £2.3bn in outflows, while Asia-Pacific funds saw £1bn in outflows. North American funds experienced their first year of outflows since 2016, with a record £1.2bn in outflows. Passive funds also suffered their f...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes