The UK's workplace pensions industry is largely supportive of The Pensions Regulator's (TPR) long-awaited defined benefit (DB) funding code consultation, but concerns have been raised over the need for "such detailed regulation". The consultation - launched on Friday (16 December) and set to run for 14 weeks - sets out expectations of final salary schemes to set a long-term objective and a journey plan to get there, reports sister website Professional Adviser. The Association of Consulting Actuaries (ACA) welcomed the consultation on the new funding code, with chair Steven Taylor prai...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes