The UK's Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has confirmed Laura Trott as the new minister for pensions. The MP for Sevenoaks was appointed as a parliamentary under-secretary at the department in October, with the DWP confirming her new ministerial role on 7 November. This comes after Alex Burghart was moved from the minister for pensions and growth post to the Cabinet Office during prime minister Rishi Sunak's reshuffle last month. On Twitter, the DWP said Trott will have "responsibility for pensioner benefits including the state pension, private and occupational pensions, and ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes