Investors have called for "urgent action" to be taken at COP27 to include gender equality targets within the financial system's climate change commitments, after years of "far too little progress". In an open letter published today (7 November) ahead of the COP27 summit, investors called for four actions to be made in the public and private sector to enshrine gender equality into climate finance. Coordinated by GenderSmart along with the Women in Finance Climate Action Group and the 2X Collaborative, the letter has 15 signatories, including Aviva, Generation Investment Management, Eur...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes