The European Commission has extended the scope of its ongoing in-depth inquiry into Gibraltar's corporate tax regime. In a statement on 31 October, it said was reassessing the compatibility with State aid rules of a 2012 tax ruling granted to MJN Holdings Gibraltar Limited (MJN GibCo), on which the Commission had adopted a decision, subsequently annulled by the General Court. In December 2018, the Commission found that Gibraltar's corporate tax exemption regime for interest and royalties, as well as five tax rulings (including a 2012 tax ruling in favour of MJN GibCo), were illegal u...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes