Rishi Sunak, the new UK prime minister, has been tipped by many cryptocurrency trade publications to push the UK towards a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) even as new data lays bare the losses incurred by non state backed digital currencies - cryptocurrencies - over the past year. Publications such as Decrypt, Benzinga, Cointelegraph and Cryptobriefing have all picked up on the points made in the recent past by Sunak on the benefits of developing a digital version of the pound. Bitcoin Magazine yesterday (24 October) ran a video on its Twitter feed of Sunak making the case. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes