Markets have continued to react positively to the news that Boris Johnson has dropped out of the Conservative Party leadership race, leaving former Chancellor Rishi Sunak likely to become the next prime minister of the United Kingdom. The pound spiked from $1.13 to $1.14 last night upon hearing the news that Johnson - who was dumped by his Parliamentary party as leader just a few months ago - had withdrawn from the race, settling back at $1.13 as of time of writing, reports Investment Week. Gilt markets reacted very positively to the news, with ten-year gilt yields dropping from 4.1% ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes