The UK economy faces ongoing uncertainty, notes Susannah Streeter, senior investment and markets analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown, in the wake of the former-prime-minister-to-be's resignation. "First her policies went up in flames, then her brief career as prime minister. The great political gamble of Liz Truss has spectacularly backfired but not before wreaking significant damage to the UK economy." "It will take considerable time before the risk premium attached to UK assets fades away, following the financial nervous breakdown which followed the mini-budget." "With a political imp...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes