Liz Truss has resigned as leader of the Conservative Party, and announced that a new leader will be elected in the coming week - meaning the UK will have its third prime minister in the space of some three months. Truss announced her resignation outside 10 Downing Street. The announcement makes her the shortest serving prime minister in UK history. In this she joins her former chancellor of the Exchequer Kwasi Kwarteng, who became the shortest serving in his role after the disastrous Mini-Budget outlined in September, which saw the cost of UK government borrowing soar. Truss said ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes