Since the turn of the year UK annuity rates have risen significantly and appear likely to continue rising as the Bank of England grapples with mounting inflationary pressures, says Christine Hallett, managing director of Options UK. This trend puts annuities firmly back in the retirement income planning picture, but it has also created a potential headache for advisers and their clients. Do they adopt a traditionally cautious or a much riskier approach to retirement income? In other words, do they rely upon an insurance company or equity investments to provide a reliable income in retire...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes