The Andalusian Government has unveiled a game-changing taxation U-turn, scrapping wealth tax for residents and second homeowners in the region, taking effect from today 21 September. As Andalucía joins the ranks of the world's most tax-friendly havens, Spanish nationals and foreigners with worldwide assets of €700,000 from Granada to Seville and across the Costa del Sol will no longer pay tax on their worldwide assets. The president of the Junta, Juanma Moreno, said the abolition will attract investment to the region, and he also announced a reduction in the rate of income tax and t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes