With Autumn approaching and inflation rising, many Britons will consider a move to where the sun is warmer and the cost of living lower, says Jason Porter, director of specialist expat financial planning firm Blevins Franks. So, apart from renting or buying a property in their chosen location, what are the five big issues they will need to understand and plan for? 1. Visa If they are heading for the EU any visit of more than 90 days requires a visa, which they can only obtain from a UK-based Consulate of the country they are moving to. They will need to submit an application i...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes