US-China trade relations have just been given a significant boost and this should act as a "monumentally loud" wake-up call for investors, says Nigel Green CEO of deVere Group. The two nations on Friday reached a tentative agreement to allow US regulators to inspect the audits of Chinese companies whose stocks are traded on US exchanges. In a long-running row, US regulators had vowed to remove Chinese companies off U.S.-based stock exchanges if China doesn't allow inspections. He said: "This is unambiguously positive news. Although preliminary, the agreement is a major step in th...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes