At least one local media outlet has reported in recent days that Panama is stepping up its efforts to find a way out from being on the list of jurisdictions that do not meet requirements of the Financial Action Task Force when it comes to anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT). Newsroom Panama cites vice minster of Finance, Jorge Luis Almengor suggesting that a new session with the FATF in September will see evidence presented in support of getting Panama off the list. The FATF Special plenary takes place 12-15 September, according to the organisatio...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes