Sir William Young, a former New Zealand Supreme Court judge who led the country's Royal Commission of Inquiry into the March 15, 2019 Christchurch terror attack, has become the third judge to resign within weeks of joining Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Courts. International Investment reported on 3 August the sudden departure of two Irish judges virtually sworn in alongside Young on 27 July to the DIFC Courts, namely Ireland's former chief justice Frank Clarke and former Ireland High Court president Peter Kelly, amid a row over the UAE's record on human rights. Young, wh...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes