abrdn is closing its ASI Eastern European Equity fund, which had been suspended since 1 March 2022 as it had 43% of its assets in Russia, International Investment's sister brand Investment Week has learned. The fund will close on 13 September and according to a client letter the closure will allow investors to receive the proceeds "from a significant proportion of the fund's portfolio". Investors will also retain "proportionate rights to the illiquid assets of the fund and will benefit from any future sale should they become tradeable again". According to the latest available factshee...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes