Chinese crypto exchange founder Leon Li is in talks with investors to sell his majority stake in the Huobi Group at a valuation of up to US$3bn, according to a report by Bloomberg. He held discussions with financiers, seeking to sell around 60% of the company he founded, according to people familiar with the matter. Tron founder Justin Sun and crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried's FTX are among those who have had preliminary contact with Huobi about a share transfer, the people said. A Huobi spokesman confirmed to Bloomberg that Li is engaging with several international instituti...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes