Credit Suisse Group is looking at cutting thousands of roles globally, according to a report by news agency Bloomberg. The Zurich-headquartered global banking group is said to be weighing up the headcount reduction in a bid to cut its overall cost base by an additional $1bn, said people familiar with the matter. Credit Suisse's headcount stood at 51,410 at the end of June. It is expected to finalise its plans over the next couple of months, Bloomberg further reported, and is examining inefficiencies in the bank's middle and back office in addition to the efforts to reshape its i...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes